Monday, November 21, 2016

The Bucket List Revisited


I was writing a blog post and like just about every post I've started the past 8 months ... it wasn't lighting me up (we'll get to that when there's time). For now, I thought revisiting this little list might be fun. Crossed a bunch of stuff off that I wasn't feeling anymore, and added a few things that do. Good think about a bucket list - is that you are allowed to do whatever you want with it. My list was meant to dance. 

The Bucket List, Nov. 21, 2016 (I'm 40)

1.  Participate in the IM World Championships 
2.    Be part of a team that raises $1,000,000 for a charity
3.    Complete a 3 day adventure race
4.    Publish book - Momentum - Feb, 2019
5.    Participate in the XTERRA World Championships
6.    Watch the Olympics live
8.    Watch a live birth can be my own (April 17, 2015)
      * repeat coming June, 2017
9.    Attend Burning Man Festival
10. Be the keynote speaker at a conference
11. Run a marathon
12. Start my own company and take holidays that are out of the school calendar ... Cadence & Kale ... 
13. Buy a house in Canada and call it “home”
14. Visit the Grand Canyon – and ride mountain bike there
15. Knit something – and give it away - Scarf - Ricky, Christmas 2017
16. Own a house by a lake (could be married to #13 – or not)
17. Attend a silent retreat
18. Ride a/my bike on all 7 continents (N. AmericaS. AmericaAsiaEurope, Africa, Australia, Antarctica)
19. Cross a country on a bicycle
20. Fly on a trapeze and dismount with a full back flip
21. Hang my own painting in my home - Done December, 2014 - The bike, the zebra and the Buddha
22. Buy a round-the-world ticket
23. Pay for a strangers groceries
24. Write myself a letter and read it in 10 years
25. Read the Bible
27. Give Blood
28. Participate in SEVA Safari for Africa Yoga Project or finish my ambassadorship
29. Run a sub 45 minute 10k
30.  Become 100% debt free
32. Learn to cook my mom’s Yorkshire pudding - close enough - Summer of 2014
33. Learn to bake my mom’s butter tarts
34. Ride in a hot air balloon 
36. Teach a yoga class pre-triathlon (preferably pre-Ironman)
37. Master a second language. (None of this 1.6 proficiency BS)
38.  DO A PRESS HANDSTAND - and when I do, I can buy a SUP
39. Do headstand on SUP  … even better, a press handstand - November, 2013
40. Fill an auditorium of people for a yoga class
41. Help build a house for someone other than myself
42. Organize a family picture with all of my brothers/sisters/in-laws/nieces and nephews and dad (I think that’s close to 50 people)
43. Make boxed card sets with my mothers artwork
44. Learn the words to the Mexican National Anthem
45. Say YES to someone and have it change his or her life. (Originally from Steph Corker http://stephcorker.com/bucket-list/)
46. Assist at a yoga conference or teacher training
47.  Plan and pay for a sister trip to wherever
48. Inspire at least 25 people to try a tri (Leslie, Lauren, Martha, Kristen, Carol, Ron, Rachel, Torrey, Daniel, Martha, Brooke, Trent, Lucy, )
49. Write down 3 things I am grateful every day for a month
50. Make a commercial
52. Publish another article for MindBodyGreen (January, 2013) Click here to read.
53. Learn to play the guitar (again)
54. Make jam or Bailey’s (or both) as Christmas gifts
55. Publish a story for Ironman.com or Triathlete Magazine 
56. Own a Vespa
57. Complete another meaningful fund raising challenge with Christine Martin
58. Become a Baptiste Certified Yoga Instructor - November, 2015
59. Eat clean
60.  Speak to over 1000 people (at the same time)
61. Skateboard down Reforma on a Sunday in Mexico October, 2015
62. Learn a complete tango dance choreography with my Ricky P.
63. Throw a surprise party - December 2014
64. Meet up with Val Drake for a glass of wine
65. Race an Ironman with my niece Rachael
68. Visit the east coast of Canada
69. Hang my stained glass ornaments from childhood on a Christmas tree December 2015 and happily every year after.
70. Host Thanksgiving dinner (bonus point if at my home in Canada)
72. See Riverdance
73.              Donate my hair to locks for love   (July 2013) Click here to read. Repeat April, 2016. 

The Original List, 2013
1.    Participate in the IM World Championships 
2.    Be part of a team that raises $1,000,000 for a charity
3.    Complete a 3 day adventure race
4.    Publish an amazing book that speaks from my heart but doesn’t bounce around like my head
5.    Participate in the XTERRA World Championships
6.    Watch the Olympics live
7.    Participate in Escape from Alcatraz triathlon
8.    Watch a live birth can be my own (April 17, 2015)
      * repeat coming June, 2017
9.    Attend Burning Man Festival
10. Be the keynote speaker at a conference
11. Run the Great Wall of China a marathon
12. Master a pole-dancing routine
13. Start my own company and take holidays that are out of the school calendar
14. Buy a house in Canada and call it “home”
15. Get rid of the remaining grudges that hold me back
16. Visit the Grand Canyon – and ride mountain bike there
17. Knit something – and give it away
18. Watch every movie that has won an Academy Award for Best Picture.
19. Discover my life’s purpose
20. Open a Swiss bank account
21. See a platypus
22. Ride a camel in the Sahara desert
23. Own a house by a lake (could be married to #16 – or not)
24. Spend a week at Attend a silent retreat
25. Ride a/my bike on all 7 continents (N. AmericaS. AmericaAsiaEurope, Africa, Australia, Antarctica)
26. Cross a country on a bicycle
27. Climb one of the worlds seven summits
28. Visit Redwood National Park
29. Fly on a trapeze and dismount with a full back flip
30. Hang my own painting in my home - Done December, 2014 - The bike, the zebra and the Buddha
32. Sleep in an Ice Hotel
33. Buy a round-the-world ticket
34. Pay for a strangers groceries
35. Write myself a letter and read it in 10 years
36. Read the Bible
37. Read The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
38. Give Blood
39. Do a fire walk
40. Participate in SEVA Safari for Africa Yoga Project or finish my ambassadorship
41. Be on a game show
42. Golf 18 holes without picking my ball up
43. Run a sub 45 minute 10k
44. Change a car tire
45. Drink wine in Italy with my Colombian crew
46. Buy a car
47.  Become 100% debt free
48. Attend Tony Robbins seminar and make a connection with the man himself
49. Learn to cook my mom’s Yorkshire pudding - close enough - Summer of 2014
50. Learn to bake my mom’s butter tarts
51. Ride in a hot air balloon over the Serengeti
52. Travel by jeep for at least three months in Africa
53. Cook something featured on “The F Word”
54. Teach a yoga class pre-triathlon (preferably pre-Ironman)
55. Master a second language. (None of this 1.6 proficiency BS)
56.  DO A PRESS HANDSTAND - and when I do, I can buy a SUP
57. Meet Chrissie Wellington and tell her how fabulous she is
58. Do headstand on SUP  … even better, a press handstand - November, 2013
59. Fill an auditorium of people for a yoga class
60. Help build a house for someone other than myself
61. Live in Colorado for at least 6 months
62. Organize a family picture with all of my brothers/sisters/in-laws/nieces and nephews and dad (I think that’s close to 50 people)
63. Make boxed card sets with my mothers artwork
64. Learn the words to the Mexican National Anthem
65. Say YES to someone and have it change his or her life. (Originally from Steph Corkerhttp://stephcorker.com/bucket-list/)
66. Assist at a yoga conference or teacher training
67. Develop a new position for myself called Director of Teacher Wellness
68. Work from wherever, whenever but always be available
69.  Plan and pay for a sister trip to wherever
70. Inspire at least 25 people to try a tri (Leslie, Lauren, Martha, Kristen, Carol, Ron, Rachel, Torrey, Daniel, Martha, Brooke, Trent)
71. Write down 3 things I am grateful every day for a month
72. Make a commercial
73. Be a better communicator
74. Organize a lifetime of photos
75. Publish another article for MindBodyGreen (January, 2013) Click here to read.
76. Learn to play the guitar (again)
77. Make jam or Bailey’s (or both) as Christmas gifts
78. Publish a story for Ironman.com or Triathlete Magazine 
79. Own a Vespa
80. Complete another meaningful fund raising challenge with Christine Martin
81. Become a Baptiste Certified Yoga Instructor - November, 2015
82. Stop procrastinating (be clear about my priorities)
83. Eat clean for a month
84. Achieve my ideal triathlon weight (I ate 5 chocolates for breakfast yesterday)
85.  Speak to over 1000 people (at the same time)
86. Skateboard down Reforma on a Sunday in Mexico October, 2015
87. Learn a complete tango dance choreography with my Ricky P.
88. Throw a surprise party - December 2014
89. Meet up with Val Drake for a glass of wine
90. Race an Ironman with my niece Rachael
91. Volunteer in a disaster relief
92. Take a train across Russia
93. Help build a school
94. Visit the east coast of Canada
95. Hang my stained glass ornaments from childhood on a Christmas tree December 2015 and happily every year after.
96. Host Thanksgiving dinner at my home in Canada
97. Create a team of amazing, robust, open-minded power houses and work together on lighting up the world
98. Spend at least a week living off the grid
99. See Riverdance
100.               Visit the Ancient Wonders in Egypt
101.              Donate my hair to locks for love   (July 2013) Click here to read.

1 comment:

  1. Does #8 mean that you're pregnant?!?! You can add me to the list of 25 people who you have inspired to try a tri :) And I think #42 should happen this coming summer, it has been too long since we have ALL been together! And Happy belated Birthday Aunt Diane, you are one of the strongest, most inspiring women I know and I am so proud to be your niece! Love you and miss you lots!

    ReplyDelete