Thursday, June 8, 2017

16 for 16

I forgot my New Year's tradition ... until a few weeks ago. Upon losing the url www.seedifly.com, I made my way back, changed some things up - still don't like the piece meal look and flava flav. of the blog, but posting the top pics of the year is a great way to reminisce and take a stroll down memory lane. These are in no particular order. It's a miracle they are even being published. This means I don't have a baby on my boob at the moment. Oooops ... there is some stirring in the basinette.


1.  Cami Jude - Amsterdam apartment, Mexico City

GOGGLES

I love this picture for three reasons. The batman onesie, the AquaSphere goggles, and the Compressport wristband. Cami LOVED our triathlon drawer and everything in it when we lived in this apartment. Especially goggles. She has been known to obsess over a thing of two, and one of her early obsessions curiosities were goggles. She loved to put them on, take them off and then walk around and play - goggles on. Ricky and I obvs. loved this and encouraged her to EXPLORE the wild world of the triathlon drawer.



2.  Cami and Nicoline - San Luis Potosi

SANTA IS MEAN

I think every parent has one of these shots. Nicoline is Cami's sister from the same mister, but another mother. She lives in Sweden. We were lucky enough to have them visit us and the whole family over the Christmas break in San Luis Potosi, Ricky's home town. As we can see here ... Cami is not a big fan of the bearded man. If fact, this may be the first (or second, or third) time we traumatized her this year. As the old saying goes, "they'll never remember."

Is that even a saying?

 


3. Mommy and Cami - Golden Gate Bridge, California

HOLY SHIT IT'S WINDY

This pic reminds me of a great day, and a great trip we took summer of '16. Cami and I spent two weeks in Canada, and then met up with Daddy-O in California. This day we rented bikes, strapped our gal in and took a trip across the Golden Gate bridge. I would be lying if I didn't confess that my heart rate was elevated, palms sweaty and that there was some fear about the gusts of winds that were picking up as we neared the center of the bridge. Luckily, we made it to the other side and then hit up a restaurant to have the BEST pizza. A great day of adventure - though, I had the wrong shoes on for the occasion - Havianas!


4. Daddy and Cami - Russian River, California

WE COULD LIVE HERE

We LOVE California. In fact, we are a little obsessed (and I think 1/4 of the 2016 pics are taken in Cali. Ricky raced the Vineman 70.3 in Wine Country and we tagged along to cheer. We stayed in a little place called the Russian River where we lived in a rustic cottage (with a hot tub and a Q) for the week. This pic is taken on the last day when Ricky and I had the place to ourselves. We took advantage of the floaties and spend the afternoon down on the river. There was not shortage of ducks, of passerby's and of relaxation.






5. Diane and IM World Champ Craig Alexander, Santa Rosa California


ME AND A WORLD CHAMP

Oh hey ... that's not my hubs! He's still racing. This is, however, IM WOrld Champion Craig Alexander.  That's all!


6. Camila Jude Godinez Clement, Muskoka, Canada

I AM CANADIAN

I love this pic for so many reasons. One, Cami was such a great side kick. She was sprouting some new chompers this trip and that didn't even get her down. Jenn and Averie gave her this dress (she has given up on dresses all together now) and she is just so damn cute in it. I never want my girl to feel like she is more Mexican than Canadian, or more Canadian than Mexican, but be so proud to be both.






7. Ricky, Alex, Di - Taxco, Mexico


CUERNAVACA - TAXCO

This is one of the last long rides I did on the Cervelo. I loved that bike. But I was pregnant at the time, and I didn't want my bike to sit for that long. We rode from Cuernavaca to the charming little town on Taxco. Most of you know, that my favorite place in the world, is on my bike. This ride was no exception. As we got to Taxco, we had to navigate narrow cobblestone roads and then climb this very steep road to the city square. A great ride, a great breakfast!

 8. Cami Jude, Oakville, Canada

H2O

I love my friends. A lot. Here we have Cami in her element. Water. My friends decided to have a reunion of sorts and Kimmy blew up the best inflatable slide and pool and made the back yard a haven for kids - clothed or not. I love this picture because I know that behind the scenes there are friends catching up, kids running around naked, wine being had and goodness all around.

And come on - look at that face of glee.



9. Kimmy, Danah, Mags, Kim and I, Vegas

40THS

What happens in Vegas. Stays in Vegas.

I will only mention the hats:

Chicora Dawn
Charlie Dell
Lucky Varsity
Rambo Rivercrest
Andy Regina




10. Ricky, Alex, Di, Encinitas, California

#ROADTOENCINITAS

Spring break we visited San Diego. Oh, San Diego. Where the air is clean and the roads are long and bike friendly. Before we went, Ricky and I investigated the small town on Encinitas. And by investigated, I mean, looked up houses. On this particular day, we rode from La Joya to Encinitas ... and the hashtag was born #roadtoencinitas (I wasn't the first). We decided that our decisions would be based on one strong question - will this get us to Encinitas? If anyone knows a way that a Mexican and a Canadian (and their two kids) can move to the states, you let me know.






11. Cami and mama, Huasca, Mexico

50K FOR BREAKFAST

This is my gal and I ... just waiting for Leslie to come cruising in from her 50km trail race. The year before, she did the 15k, and the year before that, her first 5k. I remember the day, we went out for a starting-out run ... we we jogged for one minute, and walked for one minute. On this day, we cheered on her and her tribe as they discovered the trails in Hidalgo. Cami had a few rough nights on this trip - but like always, she pulled through and was a trooper Classes on upside down and all!



12. Les and Di, Baja California, Mexico

DOLPHINS & THONGS

I'll tell you all about the dolphins. But not the thongs. It wouldn't be right. In November we led a yoga retreat in Baja California. Here we are, getting on our boat to take a trip to see (and swim with) the sea lions. We've got our Body Bliss Hats on, our wetsuits (that have probably been peed in by so many folks) and we're excited for a great day ahead. Sea lions are magical creatures, and so was out guide. She embodied the sea lion and had so much fun swirling and twirling around among them. On our way back to land we caught some huge waves - but also a pod of dolphins. So, after the lead of our guide, we jumped off the boat, into the water and were swimming among a huge pod of dolphins. A once in a lifetime experience, really!

13. Cami, Daddy, Aero, Mommy and 2.0

CHRISTMAS

This isn't Cami's first Christmas - but it's our first at home - with Christmas jammies - and it wont be our last. Cami LOVED having matching jammies with us, and up until a few months ago, we would actually wear these (now she as a repertoire of about 5 articles of clothing that she wants to wear EVERY day).

Will work on some Christmas traditions, but there was turkey, there was gravy and mashed potatoes, Santa came and there was LOVE.





14. Alex, Cami and Di, Alapulco, Mexico

10 Weeks Pregnant

You'd think this might be the last race while preggers, but there are actually a few more. I raced a lot with 2.0. An 80km bike race, two sprint triathlons, two 10k's and a half marathon. This one, however, is one of my fav. races, the Acapulco triathlon. Did I suffer, a bit? Yes. Did I love the race? Yep. Here we have me and my girl having a little moment as I head out for the run. Again - trooper! Cami - that is!



15. Cami, Russian River, California

Bucket & Balance

This is a shot from the Russian River again. Cami loves her water, and her we have her enjoying the most unsophisticated pool ever. A bucket. It's not her first bucket. In fact, she has been doing buckets for a long time. But it was a reminder that sometimes the best things are the simplest things.

Oh - and check out that balance. She gets it from her mom.





16. Sharon, Cami and I, Meaford Ranch, Canada

Giddy Up

This pic is taken at my sister's house in Meaford. I was so hesitant to get up on the horse, but after some convincing from my sister, we got on up. I love this pic for oh, so many reasons. First off - my sister has a lot of love for little Godinez and she reminds us of that every time we come home. And I also love that Cami and I are wearing matching bandanas - again, my sister's idea. This is just a happy pic and a happy day.

That's a wrap - 1/2 a year late, but who's counting. These are my top 16 of 16 Folks.

Time to drop 2017 into a folder!

Wishing you all a whole bunch of THIS for the rest of the year!








1 comment:

  1. Love these! Especially that Canada Day pic I took at The Waubic!��

    ReplyDelete