Thursday, January 1, 2015

14 for 14

Last year I did a recap of the year by sifting through my pictures and choosing 13 pictures of places and people in 2013.  Since 2013 was a relatively lame year on the blog, I thought I would start the year up right.  Today I will post 14 of 14 and revisit the bucket list of 2012 - editing, crossing off and reminiscing. Enjoy. Be inspired.

1. Monterrey, Mexico
Ironman 70.3
Ricky and I met while racing and we will continue to swim, bike and run until we are doing so with walkers and water wings.  This race was a 1/2 Ironman course (1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run) in Monterrey Mexico.  Ricky P. took off 5 minutes before me, so catching him on the bike was great.  Too bad I lost him on the second lap of the run.  This guy has several wins on me, most under 3 minutes.  In this race he took me by 16 seconds.


2.  Anna Maria Island, Florida
Body Bliss Retreats
Take nine girls, put them in a house with an amazing chef and mix up the week with some yoga, core training, beach walks and an amazing race and you get one thing.           L.O.V.E.

Wherever you go, go with all your heart. Confucius


3.  Tepoztlan, Mexico
This picture is a fav.  We have a few boys and eager beavers across the river, the girls who did the money shot jump in the water, and Kate who is afraid she's going to miss out.  Another great retreat, mainly because we have a truly bad-ass community here in Mexico.  





4.  Nice, France
Ironman Nice, June 29, 2014
The day before the race you drop off your transition bags.  In one bag you have everything you need from the swim to the bike, and in the other, the bike to the run.  Brasil was playing in the World Cup this day and tied Chile 1-1.  Ricky and I dropped our bags off, had a beer, a baguette and some cheese before heading to our apartment for a good night's sleep.  Hardest IM to date.  


5.  Amalfi Coast, Italy
We're Getting Hitched!!
We had just eaten dinner and made our way for the best pistacio ice cream in the history of the world.  Ricardo took me to the court yard of this little church and we sat on a bench watching some boys pay soccer.  I said to him, "when I have your baby, baby ... " when he spun on one knee and asked me to marry him.  What a surprise it was.  This was the night I said yes - for a lifetime of this guy.  I love him. 


6.  Rome, Italy
History 101
We took a tour bus around the city and I was so enchanted with the city scapes.  The ancient buildings, the colloseum, and of course your average Joe dressed up in Roman garb made me smile throughout.  We made our way to Vatican city after this where I was made to cover up my shoulders for a tour of the Sistine chapel.  I may have gotten a shot of Michaelangelo's "The creation of Adam." 


7.  Stockholm, Sweden
Ricky P. and Nicoline
This picture shows Ricky P. and his daughter Nicoline.  After France and Italy, we headed to Sweden to visit.  Nicoline is a spirited little girl with a big heart. 
8.  Peterborough, Canada
Danny and Matt Tie the Knot
A quick jaunt home for Danny Ray's wedding celebration had Kirsten, Imily (Liza, Marlene, Alex, my sister Sharon) and I meeting up in Peterborough. Here we have 6mo. preggers Kirsten (6 days preggers Di) and Imily jumping into the Trent Severn waterway.  After this we would take it to the train bridge.  I love my girlfriends. 



 9.  199 Amsterdam, Mexico City
The Announcement
When I was at home (pic above) I had no idea I was preggers.  It wasn't until I got back and "tried out" one of the 15 pregnancy tests I bought in Canada that I knew.  It was positive.  Waiting 12 weeks to share the news was HARD.  That's why a whole bunch of people already knew.  I had this idea of announcing right when I found out ... it's fruition, was priceless.  Smiling now.

10.  Chapultapec Park, Mexico City
Aero and her BFF Nelly
There are few things in this world that give a mama more joy than watching her firstborn play with her BFF.  This day was one of those days.  These two are a pure joy to take to the park and get along like two peas in a pod - in this case, two slobbery tongues in a tupperware.




11. Acapulco, Mexico
Telcel Triathlon
Since I have BB G in my belly, I have taken side-line on the race circuit.  In this race I got to cheer on several friends racing in Acapulco.  Some racing their firsts, others, racing their heart's out.  I loved capturing the sweat, sun and smiles this race gave up this day.




12.  199 Amsterdam, Mexico City
How Camila Got her Name
Camila wasn't always Camila.  She was Laine before we knew she was a girl.  Ricardo liked the name Camila, and I liked the name Laine - so  negotiation was had.  In exchange for the name Camila (which I do like very much) Ricardo agreed to take our family on a trip to Africa in 2016.  There was a contract (thanks Les) signed and notorized (in beer).  And so, she is Camila.  We're going to Africa!!









13.  Mexico City, Mexico
Camila's December ultrasound
She's 24 weeks old in this picture and we can see her arms, legs and her head.  She's moving around a lot, likes to rest with her hands behind her head and I have a feeling she likes chocolate.  No, I don't have any cravings. 








14.  Owen Sound, Canada
I love this shot.  My whole family is here minus my neice, Sara, her husband, and her two kids, my nephew Josh, his wife and his son.  We decided this year to meet up on boxing day and take a sleigh ride throught he forest. It wasn't much of a problem that all of the snow melted.  Our horses pulled us in wagons as we rode through the forest. Any time we can get a family photo our true colors come out. 


This is life folks.  Surprises around each corner.  As you head into 2015, do so with LOVE and win-win in mind.  I promise you a fruitful year.

HAPPIEST OF HORIZONS TO YOU ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment