Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Bucket list item #101

"How long have you been growing your hair?"  asked the neighbors sister as we youtube'd hair cutting technique.

"I really haven't been," I replied.  And it's true.  I have had long hair for about 5 years and I haven't ever thought about growing it long.  But it was long, and I was ready for a change.

I had scheduled a cut and color for Monday, but when a Sunday night celebration lasted into the early morning, I scratch the date and set off with my long hair still attached (to my head).

I made my way to a dear friend's house and mentioned that I wanted to cut it all off, and that I wanted to donate it.  "I know someone who will totally cut it," Jenn said with a giddy laugh. "D. loves to cut hair.  She's a nurse, but I swear, she'd be a hair stylist if she could."

So, we parked the car, and within 3.5 minutes, D. was on the front porch inquiring about the cut.

And that was that.

I wrapped them up. Bucket list item #101.


She cut them off.


I held them up. That's 12 inches folks.


And I have short(er) hair.


And best off, I get to send my hair off to make a wig.  After a lot of research, I have decided to send it to Pantene Beautiful Lengths.  It looks like Locks for Love is under fire for millions of dollars of "missing hair" and I want to make sure it goes to proper use.

So, if you are thinking of doing the same, remember, now is as good a time as any.

xo snip, snip.

No comments:

Post a Comment