Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Breaking Up is Hard To Do


I woke up feeling really hurt on Sunday; real, physical pain.  It radiated out from the ball of my foot to my heal, my toes were swollen.  And I felt blistered.

I wore heals on Saturday night.  Black, slingback, and just my size.

Not only did I wear heals, but then I raced a ½ Ironman on Sunday.

Heals.

I am breaking up with heals.  I’ve never owned a comfortable pair and I don’t live a “heals” kind of life.  I teach elementary school by day and train/sleep by night.  Weddings, sure.  I wear them and then have to take them off at a certain point.  But why not just hem the dress and wear flats?  So, today I put Saturday night’s on an auction site.  It’s not going to be easy, but it’s time to face a bad relationship and move on (in flats).

I am breaking up with heals, for good. (Minus one pair of wedges that might move on with).

Time to embrace 167cm and be good to myself again.


And ... apparently, I don't even know how to spell high heals, or heels ... which ever ones they are. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment