Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Less is Sometimes (Often) More

I didn't think it was possible to downgrade from my Iphone 3Gs that was rocking my world for the past two and a half years.  The battery lasted a solid 24 hours, I couldn't download any apps because it was unlocked and jailbroken (I don't even know what that means other than it meant I could use it in any country, but not download any apps or install any new versions of existing ones).  I couldn't attach pictures to Facebook, or link my school mail so that I could check it on the phone, yet still, I checked social media relentlessly throughout the day. No less than 20 times.

Well, it was stolen from the kindergarten gymnasium last week forcing me to make a choice.

Last weekend I googled "best smart phones."  I learned a lot about what's hot and what's not.  And I have decided to go with a Nokia.

It has been sitting in my office since I arrived back in Mexico in July, and it's the school work phone.  Simple, no smartness about it, and not connected to social media.

I think I like my new phone, probably has an amazing battery life and it will free me up for the time being.  (Read: I will NOT be checking social media on the go anymore)

I even like the clicking sound of the buttons, and that my two options on the home screan read "Menu" and "Go to." In "Menu" there is a retro icon of a Nintendo controller and my game choices are Soccer League, Forbidden Treasures, Vacation Solitaire, and ... oh, that's it. 

Most of all, when I turned it on for the first time today, I read a message I input back in July. 

It says, "BE PASSIONATE."

+52 (55) 4477-0520

(+52 (55) HIPS 0 LA 0)

0 - zero
 

No comments:

Post a Comment